If you are a cellphone repair store or comapny, your team must have met many repair problems can not solved. Here’s a look at some of the common issues with the iPhone X from our cellphone repair team, and we list their solutions accordingly.
How to The Display Issue:
Many users reported facing iPhone 11 Pro & iPhone 11 Pro Max touch screen issues. The problem is mainly described as the touch screen being heavy to use and lags when it comes to responding to the users’ touch. One user on the MacRumors site also said that his iPhone 11 Pro’s screen is washed out in a green-ish tint when he tries to unlock the iPhone and this lasts for a few seconds before his able to unlock the iPhone & use it normally. The MacRumors user said that this problem happens for about 25% of the times when he tries to unlock his iPhone11 Pro. In addition to this being a high percentage to have this issue appear repeatedly, the same or similar issue were reported by several other users and was initially thought to be caused by the OLED panel that Apple used in the iPhone 11 Pro.
Suggested solution: While in some cases the Apple iPhone users believed the problem to be caused by the OLED panel, a simple iOS upgrade to iOS 14 took care of the issue and it went away. For others however, the problem of the green tinted screen persisted. Those who managed to take a screenshot of the green tint on their screen while it lasted for 2-3 seconds, found the screen shots to be looking normal with no tint. This meant that the problem indeed was in the hardware of the screen panel itself. To solve this problem, Apple provided free screen replacements for iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max with touch screen issues.
How to fix wireless charging
The problems with wireless charging are quite extensive. Some users claim that after putting some iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max models into a Qi wireless charger, the phone recognizes it, but it doesn’t charge and can even get hot. In an Apple forum , an owner states that: “The Pro Max does not charge wirelessly in 2 chargers. Both work well with my old XS Max. I tried to turn off the optimized load, with no results. It only charges with the cable. ” Some users said that this error appeared after installing some of the iOS 13 updates, which could be the cause.
Since this is not a user error, you cannot do much to avoid it. You should continue to charge the phone by cable. Also, make sure to update the iPhone operating system with the latest versions, as Apple continues to issue solutions for various problems. Meanwhile, Apple suggests restart/shutdown restart, which helped some users solve the problem.
- Press and release the volume button up.
- Press and release the volume button down.
- Press and hold the power button and wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
How to fix activation issues
Activation problems are common when you try to turn on a phone for the first time, regardless of model. The iPhone 11 has proven to be no exception.
If you’re having trouble activating your new iPhone 11, make sure all systems are working and check Apple’s system status page. If something is not green, wait for all systems to be active and try again. If it still doesn’t work, make sure the phone has a SIM card inserted. You can try changing the SIM card from your old phone to the new one. If you receive a “No SIM” or “Invalid SIM” error message, Apple suggests the following steps:
- Make sure your data plan is operational.
- Update your phone to the latest version of iOS and reboot.
- Head to Settings> General> About. If an update is available, you will see a message and you must select Update.
- Remove your SIM card from the slot and put it back. The tray must be closed securely. Just use the tray that comes with your current phone, as others may not fit properly.
- Try a different SIM card. You can get one at your provider’s retail store or ask them to test the phone with a different card. If necessary, replace your current SIM with a new one.
How to fix Problem: volume, audio and sound
If you consider that there are problems with any aspect regarding audio, there are several ways you can follow to solve them.
- Take the SIM card out of the phone and then replace it to fix the problem of a badly positioned card.
- Turn off Bluetooth to compare audio quality with or without it. If it improves, leave it for your calls.
- Make sure the microphone is clean and unobstructed.
- If the above steps don’t improve the audio, clear the cache of the phone by rebooting.
- Perform a factory reset in Settings> General> Reset. Before doing so, be sure to back up your data first.
How to fix Problem: overheating
There are multiple reports of various iPhone 11 units getting overheated and on the effect of this situation on long term battery life. Among the heat-related issues, we picked up this comment: “I received my iPhone 11 Pro on Friday and noticed that my phone gets hot while using the GPS on Saturday and then again on Monday. I took it to Apple on Monday night and they informed me that as long as the phone doesn’t turn off or give the alert too hot then it’s fine. I still think something is wrong and I will keep an eye on it. ”
There are some general tips for cooling a hot phone. If you find that the phone always heats up too quickly, take it to your nearest Apple Store or contact technical support.
- Remove the cover.
- Don’t leave your phone in a car or exposed for long periods of time in hot weather.
- Games, especially AR games, can cause the device to heat up.
- Put the phone in airplane mode for a while. In the Control Center, touch the Airplane icon to turn off all GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and cellular signals. You can also individually disable location services, GPS or Bluetooth, anything you’re not using.
- Wait to charge the device, as that can also heat up your phone.
- Turn off the iPhone.
How to fix Problem: Bluetooth connection
Several iPhone 11 users have encountered problems connecting their peripherals via Bluetooth. Those include pairing the device, connecting to the car, or maintaining the connection after successful completion. Some of the complaints collected indicated that “I have connectivity problems in my car. It connects for 5 minutes or more and then automatically disconnects and reconnects. Is very annoying. I had no problems with my iPhone 6 Plus before. ”
Apple suggests several preliminary steps before contacting technical support. Be sure to update your operating system to the latest version.
- On the phone, go to Settings> Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is activated. If it is disabled and you cannot activate it, restart the device. Try to connect again.
- Make sure the accessory and the Bluetooth device are nearby.
- Turn off and on the Bluetooth accessory.
- Make sure the Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to a power source. If you use batteries, try replacing them with new ones. If you were able to connect previously, unlink the accessory and pair and connect again.
- If you can pair the accessory with other devices, but not with your phone, unlink the accessory from all equipment and try again.
- If none of the above steps work, contact Apple technical support or make an appointment with a Genius Bar.
How to Upgrading iOS issue
Some users faced issues when trying to update their iPhone’s iOS version to iOS 14.1. The reason for this is that Apple has closed the IPSW file after releasing the upgrade.
This issue is easily solved that Apple has officially released the iOS 14.2 version which has the solution, not only to this problem, but to many other software caused issues that iPhone users faced when the iOS 14 was first released.
Above are some of the common issues for iPhone 11 Pro, and the solutions for each problem. If you are annoyed with tough repairs that cell phone repair shops are hard to deal with, turn to NOREPHONE for reliable third-party repair services.